Music

Sunday, December 11, 2005

The music at the worship assembly this morning was excellent. I appreciated and enjoyed the opportunity of joining with others in praising God. There was everything from "Joy To The World" to Handel's "Messiah." Willie Nelson said, "All music is sacred." I guess that is true. Although I'm not sure about some of the "stuff" I have been hearing the last few years.

When I was a boy, country music was the only music I liked. Now, my taste ranges from country to classical. I often wonder why I like country music so much. Maybe it's the sadness of unrequieted love. That theme seems to run through all of country music.

Music moves me in ways I don't understand and can't explain. There are some songs that bring tears to my eyes each and every time I sing them. I don't know why. I get caught up in the passion of the music. Maybe this happens because it touches something deep inside me. For me it's a spiritual experience. Even if it only lasts for a moment.

It's better to have those moments and not understand them than never to have them at all.

Maybe ole Willie is right. Maybe all music is sacred.

0 comments: