Football, Hamburgers and Sunny Days

Thursday, January 05, 2006

Vince Young and the Texas football team defeated University of Southern California for the national championship. Congratulations to them. I went to college at Abilene Christian in Abilene, Texas and so I have good feelings about Texas. At the same time I am bothered occasionally with their arrogance. I love George Bush. He calls what he does walking. I call it swagger. But, of course, I guess it’s alright to swagger. I wish I had something to swagger about. So again, congratulations to the Texas U. football team. I must admit that I wanted USC to win. I lived in southern California for about fourteen years and almost twenty in northern California. I went to Pepperdine when the college was on the old downtown campus. University of Southern California was just down the road. I attended many games---most of them when O.J. Simpson was playing. Now, I don’t care if I ever see him again. In fact, I hope I don’t. USC has won two consecutive championships it is time for somebody else to take over. HOOK’UM HORNS!

A few weeks ago I wrote about how many people love In-N-Out Burgers. One person sent a comment saying they taste like cardboard. I think that’s funny. It proves we don’t all like the same things. I’m glad we don’t. It’s hard to find a place to sit at In-N-Out Burger now. What would it be like if everybody liked them? Yesterday was a beautiful day so we stopped at Sonic for a burger. I like sitting in the car and eating. It reminds me of my High School days growing up in Oklahoma. Charlotte likes Sonic burgers much more than she does In-N-Out. I like them more too. In fact, I think they are one of the best in our area.

It is suppose to be 80 degrees today in Phoenix. It is not suppose to be that warm in January---but it is. I’m not complaining really, I’m not. It’s just that we invited friends from Stockton, California to come visit with us. They are coming next week and the weather is being reported as being about the same as now. I had told them we would sit around the fire and tell lies. We have been friends for many years and we only get to see one another about once or twice a year. So I’m sure there will be a lot of, let’s say, “wild stories” told. That sounds better than lies. But I doubt seriously if we will want to sit around a fire. We may sit on the patio by the pool. This would also be a good time to run up to Sedona, Flagstaff or the Grand Canyon. That way I would have them trapped in the car as a captive audience and I could tell all the stories I wanted to. I just turned and looked outside. It is absolutely beautiful out. I’ve got to get out there!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nothing to brag about??? And just the other day I remember you commenting about the most beautiful wife in the world that belongs to you.....Connie