Friends

Sunday, January 15, 2006

Friends have been visiting. Our home has been filled with laughter and joy.

We have known these friends for over 35 years.

Our first Thanksgiving in Phoenix was going to be a lonely one. We had just moved from California and was trying to adjust. Paul and Bobbie left their family and friends in California and flew to Phoenix to be with us. (Their children will never let them forget it and we will never forget it!)

In times of great ministry discouragement---Paul and Bobbie were there. When we desperately needed support---they were there.

For almost 20 years, EVERYTIME I went to the pulpit, I knew that Paul would be there encouraging me along. Did he always agree with what I preached? NO! Do we always agree on everything now? ABSOLUTELY NOT! But we are honest about our disagreements and we work through them.

It's lonely around our house this afternoon. Paul and Bobbie are flying back to their home in California.

WE LOVED TO SEE THEM COME. WE HATED TO SEE THEM GO!

AS CHARLIE BROWN SAID, "I NEED ALL THE FRIENDS I CAN GET."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, it is nice to see the words, We were glad to see them come and sorry to see them go". sometimes it is glad in both places. We had a wonderful visit as we always do. The Ditmore home is like a santuary to us. We feel loved, safe, and comfortable. We return rested, renewed and ready to go again. It is good to have good friends! Thank you again for your gracious hsopitality.
by the way I read about the beans in your pocket and it was great. I also like the poem about sharing.
love you both.

Anonymous said...

There is not much you can do, but to give a blessing or two. Two I say, but two hundred thousand yea, as on the way we go.

(Thank you God for the fount of my blessings.)