BEANS—OUT OF THE POCKET AND INTO THE POT

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

My bean throwing days are over. (See blog for Saturday, January 7, 2006, “A Pocket Full of Beans”)
For days I threw beans, almonds and shot streams of water. The pigeons flew away, but returned after a few minutes. My plan was to disrupt their routine for where they spent the night. It didn’t work! Night after night they continued to come---roost, poop, make a mess and fly away in the morning. I threw beans, went back in the house, sat down, waited a few minutes and went back to throwing. The birds were winning!

Then it happened! One night, “out of the blue” they didn’t come!

Praise the Lord. I had won!

Nope. After six nights of staying away, “out of the blue” they returned.

I went back to throwing beans and turning the hose on them. They continued to come---night after night, after night, they came!

Finally, one night they didn’t return. One night turned into two, two into three---and now it has been nine nights and they haven’t been back.

Are they gone for good? I don’t know. Probably not, but for now I am declaring victory.

Where did they go? I don’t know. My guess is Vegas. I’m sure those dirty birds have heard: “What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas.”

0 comments: