IF I WERE IN CHARGE OF THE WORLD

Monday, February 27, 2006

A young boy wrote the following words. I would also like to be in charge of the world and I would do a lot of the same things this kid has in mind:

If I were in charge of the world I’d cancel oatmeal, Monday mornings, allergy shots.

If I were in charge of the world there’d be brighter night lights, healthier hamsters, and basketball baskets forty-eight inches lower.

If I were in charge of the world you wouldn’t have lonely, you wouldn’t have clean; you wouldn’t have bedtimes, or “Don’t punch your sister.” You wouldn’t have sisters.

If I were in charge of the world a chocolate sundae with whipped cream and nuts would be a vegetable. All 007 movies would be G, and a person who sometimes forgot to brush, and sometimes forgot to flush, would still be allowed to be in charge of the world.

0 comments: