REALLY??

Monday, February 13, 2006

Let’s take a second look at some “wise” sayings that are put forth as absolute truth:

EARLY TO BED AND EARLY TO RISE MAKES A MAN HEALTHY, WEALTHY, AND WISE. Now, this is not necessarily true. It seems to me that these things come from what a man does with his time.

IF AT FIRST YOU DON’T SUCEED, TRY, TRY, AGAIN. Maybe, but it may also be true that other doors are open and available. Don’t force it.

LIGHTNING NEVER STRIKES THE SAME PLACE TWICE. I read about one guy who was struck nine times. I don’t know if he was standing in the same spot every time--but come on.

THE GRASS IS ALWAYS GREENER ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE HILL. Nope! I have looked.

IT’S NOT WHETHER YOU WIN OR LOSE THAT MATTERS, BUT HOW YOU PLAY THE GAME. Vince Lombardi said, “If that’s true, then why does someone always keep score?”

ACT YOUR AGE. Why?

A FOOL AND HIS MONEY ARE SOON PARTED. Nope. Some fools keep their money for years and have it right up to departing time.

DON’T CRY OVER SPILLED MILK. I came home with a leaky milk carton today. I felt like crying. I didn’t, but I think it would have been alright if I had.

WHERE THERE’S A WILL THERE’S A WAY. There have been lots of time when I had plenty of will but there just wasn’t a way---not that I could see at least.

YOU CAN’T TEACH AN OLD DOG NEW TRICKS. Sure you can. And you can teach old people too. I’m old and I’ve got a few new tricks I could show you. Want to see them?

0 comments: