EASTER

Friday, March 24, 2006

In December we were told that we should not talk about the Christmas season, Christmas trees or Christmas anything because we might offend non-Christians. Some stores dropped all advertising that had the word Christmas in it and went with the word Holiday.

Now, we are being told that we should not say Easter bunny or Easter vacation.

BALONEY!

The word baloney doesn’t even begin to express how strongly I feel about this. You have heard the old expression, “Enough to make a preacher cuss.” Well this is one of those things but not wanting to offend anybody I won’t cuss. BALONEY!

It doesn’t seem to matter that Christians might be offended by all this. The attitude seems to be, “It’s alright to offend Christians, but you better not offend anybody else.”

I never set out to offend anybody---not anybody. But if you get offended by me saying Easter bunny, then get ready to be offended.

EASTER BUNNY! EASTER BUNNY! EASTER BUNNY!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

You go Clif, I will do it too.
Easter Bunny, Easter Bunny, Easter Bunny
Santa Claus
Christmas Tree
whatever, I agree enough is enough
Bobbie