IN THE EYE OF THE BEHOLDER

Thursday, March 30, 2006

Faded, worn out jeans with holes in the knees are the in thing. Young people pay big bucks for them. The day they buy them they already look worn out. I have always gone for the new, never worn, look. When my jeans got holey---out they went.

Today I mowed the lawn and worked around in the back yard. I had on a pair of jeans that were worn, ragged and had a large hole in one knee. Ordinarily I wouldn’t even wear jeans like these to work in. But I thought, what the heck, these things bring big bucks over at Macys, they’re good for a few more outings.

I needed to run over to our daughters for a few minutes and she wasn’t at home so I thought, “you want be seen by anybody---no need to change pants.” On the way I decided to stop at the library. I said to myself, “these holey jeans are the in thing now, don’t worry about it.”

There were a lot of women in the library today. Several of them looked at me as I moved from the new books to the magazines and from section to section. Each one of them smiled. What was she thinking? Did that one think, “Isn’t he cute?” Or maybe, “Wow, pretty sexy for an old guy.” Or, “Man, that dude is stylish.”

Back in the car I pondered my knee sticking through the hole.

There’s just no way to get around it. That is one sexy knee!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes you are better than the funny papers!

Did you mean really mean dud or did you mean dude?

Musings of A Minister said...

I really meant dude not dud! We had a Vice President once that couldn't spell either. I would tell you his last name but I don't know (for sure) how to spell it. Dan I can spell!

Anonymous said...

I am a notoriously poor speller but I am a voratious reader and could possibly be a proof reader. I am very grateful for spell check on my computer. My late husband purchased a "carry along" spell check do-dad for me some years ago. It catches incorrect spelling that even confuses my computer spell check. Both items makes me look a bit more intellegent.

Anonymous said...

The comments attributed to "anonymous" on the last comment should have been mine. Must not be as intellegent as I want to be! Must have clicked on the wrong place

Anonymous said...

The comments attributed to "anonymous" on the last comment should have been mine. Must not be as intellegent as I want to be! Must have clicked on the wrong place