SHERIFF JOE

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Sheriff Joe Arpaio is known as the, “toughest sheriff in America.”

I don’t know any other sheriff, but I do know Joe and he is tough!

I chatted with him over lunch one day when he spoke to a group at our church. I found him to be a personable, fun-loving guy. I wasn’t afraid of him at all.

I have found that people generally love him or hate him. Criminals are not too fond of Joe. He doesn’t coddle them. He makes them wear pink underwear (I have an autographed pair I never wear) and eat green bologna. He houses some of them in tents.

Jana Bommersbach wrote an article in Phoenix magazine attacking him. I know Jana too but I like Joe better. I think Jana needs to keep her big mouth shut and let Joe get on with his job.

If you don’t like the way Joe runs his jail, stay out of trouble, don’t be a criminal.

0 comments: