English Standard Version

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

If you happen to be in the market for a new Bible, let me suggest the English Standard Version.

“The ESV satisfies the preaching, memorizing, studying, and reading needs of our church, from children to adults. We are building all our future ministry around it.” John PiperPreaching Pastor, Bethlehem Baptist Church, Minneapolis

Our Sunday morning Bible Class teacher, Dr. Wayne Grudem served on the Translation Oversight Committee. Even though I do not know them personally, I respect all the scholars associated with this translation. I'm continuing to use the NIV because I have so many copies of it. If I needed a new one I would go to the ESV.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really love the NIV; to my uninformed way of thinking, it is a modern day KJV. Modern language, but in a way that still contains a majestic tone to it. At least, in my humble opinion.
But, I'm always interested in new translations, and what insights they can bring to the original text, so I will check this new one out.