OKRA

Saturday, August 26, 2006

OK, I don’t really have much on my mind today. I admit it.

If you have read what my daily blogs are about (and you probably haven’t) you know that I write about what happens to be on my mind on any given day. Today—it’s okra.

We just got back from the Farmers’ Market. We bought more than okra, but okra is what we went for. I’m sure that many of you are asking, “Why, why on earth would you go someplace, anyplace, just to get okra? We can’t stand the stuff.” We both love it! We like it boiled, but we usually fry it in corn meal. We love it but we understand that many people can’t stand it. That’s OK. I don’t think we have ever tried to serve it when we had guests. No company coming tonight, so we will have fried okra along with meatloaf. Charlotte makes a fantastic meatloaf.

My mind may be a little “foggy” today because we stayed up past midnight watching the Diamondbacks beat the L.A. Dodgers in a fifteen inning game. But I like okra even when my mind is clear.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Never had okra with meatloaf, thought I had tried all that okie stuff.....

Anonymous said...

fried okra with corned beef, sliced tomatoes and black eyed peas! Yum

Anonymous said...

Clif, this made me laugh out loud. I love fried okra too but not the boiled kind. I hate to eat anything I lose immediate control over.
I agree with you about Charlotte's meatloaf. It is great.