TRUE GRIT

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

It was too hot to be out “messing around” in the heat. But there we were. I think it was about 116 degrees and it had been 117 the day before. Kierland Commons is a great place to shop but not when it’s 116 degrees out.

Relatives were visiting from Southern California and my nephew and I were strolling around in a garden shop when we struck up a conversation with a male employee. He had just been in Scottsdale for a few days and he couldn’t believe the heat. He was from Washington D.C. and had never experienced anything like 117 degrees.

As we walked out of the store I said to my nephew, “Man, he’s not going to make it through the summer. He will be packing up and heading back to Washington.

Today, the weather is beautiful. Walking down the street at Kierland Commons I thought, “It doesn’t get much better than this.” And then I thought of the man who thought he had died and gone to hell. I went in to check on him.

HE WAS STILL THERE! YES SIR, HE HAS TRUE GRIT.

I’m now saying, “He will love it here for the next eight months. He may never leave.”

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a trooper.... I was certainly betting against him.