THE CHERRY TOMATO THAT GOT UNDER MY SKIN

Saturday, October 14, 2006

Well, it didn’t really get under my skin. A tomato can’t do that. What it did do is bug me!

I like Chicago style hotdogs. I was making myself one when I realized that the only tomatoes that we had were little cherry tomatoes which are worthless except in salads. Since that’s all we had I sliced two of the little things and placed them on the top of my hotdog. I went over to the counter, set my plate down, and sat down to eat when I realized that something was wrong. Since I had cut two tomatoes in half there should have been four pieces on the hotdog. But there were only three. One was missing. I looked under the hotdog. I looked under the plate. I looked back on the kitchen cabinet. Finally I looked on the floor and there it was—all over the floor. It’s amazing the mess that can be made from one half of a little cherry tomato. I immediately got up and cleaned up the mess. And then I returned to eat my hotdog. I took one bite and tomato juice and seeds shot out on the counter and all over the floor.

IT’S AMAZING THE MESS THAT CAN BE MADE FROM ONE HALF OF A LITTLE CHERRY TOMATO.

MORAL: JUST BECAUSE SOMETHING IS SMALL AND LOOKS HARMLESS IT DOESN’T MEAN THAT IT CAN’T MAKE A BIG MESS!

0 comments: