"Yes, Ma'am"

Friday, January 19, 2007

While taxiing at London's Gatwick Airport, the crew of a US Air flightdeparting for Ft. Lauderdale made a wrong turn and came nose to nose witha United 727. An irate female ground controller lashed out at the US Air crew,screaming: "US Air 2771, where the hell are you going?! I told you to turn right onto Charlie taxiway! You turned right on Delta! Stop right there. I know it's difficult for you to tell the difference between C and D, but get itright!" Continuing her rage to the embarrassed crew, she was now shoutinghysterically: "God! Now you've screwed everything up! It'll take foreverto sort this out! You stay right there and don't move till I tell you to! Youcan expect progressive taxi instructions in about half an hour, and I wantyou to go exactly where I tell you, when I tell you, and how I tell you!You got that, US Air 2771?""Yes, ma'am," the humbled crew responded.Naturally, the ground control communications frequency fell terriblysilent after the verbal bashing of US Air 2771. Nobody wanted to chance engaging the irate ground controller in her current state of mind. Tension in every cockpit out around Gatwick was definitely running high.Just then an unknown pilot broke the silence and keyed his microphone,asking: "Wasn't I married to you once?"
By Ben Witherington

0 comments: