'YOU'RE ONLY AS OLD AS YOU FEEL"

Friday, February 02, 2007

What a crock! “You’re only as old as you feel” is a stupid statement. Let me tell you something, feeling 29 when you are 72 is better than feeling 72 when you are 72—but not much! If you were born in 1934 you are now 72 and feeling like you are 29 will not change the facts.

I can hear somebody saying, “Yes, growing old can be a problem, but it’s sure better than the alternative.” How do you know? I have spent a life time telling folks how great heaven is am I now suppose to start telling them that they should avoid it at all cost?”

“Age is just a number” you say? Well, it may be just a number but the bigger it gets the more my butt drags and my body hurts.

In spite of all this, I do enjoy life. I really do! And there are a lot of things I like about being old. But still, anyway you look at it getting old sucks.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Clif!!!! Getting old is GREAT! Oh, I know, the joints hurt, I groan when I get out of a chair, I can't run gracefully anymore (well, I never could) my one and only is in Heaven, I could go on and on but...I love life, I can do what I want when I want...or not. The Lord has blessed and I love being who I am at this time. I know you do too.