"AMERICA'S PREACHER"

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Max Lucado is considered by many to be “America’s preacher.” He is well known to church goers because of his writing. He has two new books coming out this year. Max recently announced that after 20 years as the minister of preaching for the Oak Hills Church of Christ in San Antonio, Texas, he is resigning from that position. He will continue to preach there on a regular basis but because of health problems he is giving up his leadership position. He was diagnosed seven months ago as having arterial fibrillation. He does not feel that he is in any danger physically but that it would be best for him to do something else.

I remember well the first time I saw a Max Lucado book. The publisher had sent me a free copy of No Wonder They Call Him the Savior. I had never heard of Max. Most of the world had never heard of him. His friends in Texas knew him and the members and a few friends of the church in Brazil where he was preaching knew him. That was about it. Today, he is known all over the world.

I couldn’t put No Wonder They Call Him the Savior down. I read it straight through from cover to cover. Many of his books line my bookshelves but this was his best, as far as I am concerned. They have changed the name of the church where Max preaches and they are no longer associated with Churches of Christ. But I hasten to say that Max is very much a member of Christ’s church and a dedicated Christian. I am thankful to God for the blessing that he is to the world!

1 comments:

Larry said...

Thanks for the update on Max. I wasn't aware he had any health problems.

I share your appreciation for Max, and have read most of his books.