GETTING BETTER

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Alvin Toffler said: "The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn."

Ok Alvin, we don't want to be illiterate so we are trying hard to keep improving and getting better. Yesterday we decided to upgrade (better) our computer to windows Vista. Vista is newer, so it has to be better. Right? Well maybe. I know one thing it is causing a lot of pain and you know what they say about pain and gain.

Most of us get to a point where we have reached our peak and we don't want to put out much effort to go beyond that. We like to feel safe and secure. I have those feelings about computer upgrades. If people hadn't pushed me I would still be typing and wouldn't know anything about the world of computers. If I hadn't been pushed or drug along I would still be working with DOS operating system. My "things" would probably be a Brownie Hawkeye camera, 17 inch black and white t.v, evaporative cooler, ice box, etc. There would be no room for digital cameras, huge colored T.V. with surround sound, central a.c., and refrigerators.

Man, am I glad somebody saved me from myself. I like all these "improvements" even if they are hard to work with sometimes.

0 comments: