THE CALL OF THE COOL

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

It will be 111 today. The last eighteen years I have said, “The heat doesn’t really bother me that much until it gets over 110. Well, ok, it will be 1 degree over 110 today. That does it. I’m outta here. The cool is calling. I don’t like to announce just when I will be out of town, but the plans have already been made.

I’m heading toward the COOL! When I travel in Arizona in the summer, I don’t go to Tucson. I go to Flagstaff. I head for the COOL. When I go to California in the summer I don’t head for Palm Springs. I go to San Diego. I head for the COOL.

The resort is on Coronado Bay just across the street from the beach with a walkway under the highway and right onto the beach. I’m heading for the COOL. It will be fish and chips while overlooking the ocean, laying on the beach with the cool breeze blowing across my body, strolling through the “cool” shops along the bay, puttering around on Point Loma, hang it all—I may even go to the zoo.

The cool is calling and I am going!

1 comments:

WhyNotWes? said...

Have a super time Clif! San Diego sounds absolutely perfect.