LEE STOBEL AT SCOTTSDALE

Sunday, October 21, 2007

Today is the Lord’s Day and as always, I’m excited. Lee Strobel will be preaching this morning. A few weeks ago I recommended his books to the readers of this blog. He is the author of the Gold Medallion-winning books The Case for Christ and The Case for Faith as well as The Case for a Creator.

Lee Strobel was educated at Yale Law School, was an award-winning legal editor of the Chicago Tribune and a spiritual skeptic until 1981. He also served as teaching pastor at two of America’s largest churches. During his academic years, he became convinced that God was outmoded. He said, “My road to atheism was paved by science…but, ironically, so was my later journey to God.”

I’ve heard Lee’s story about his journey to God but I will be thrilled to hear it again and the message he will bring from God’s Word. I hope the message you hear today will also be from God’s Word.

SPECIAL PRAYER REQUEST. PLEASE PRAY FOR PEPPERDINE UNIVERSITY, STAFF, FACULTY, STUDENTS AND THE RESIDENTS OF THE MALIBU AREA. THEY ARE BEING THREATENED BY A WILD FIRE.

0 comments: