IN PURSUIT OF EXCELLENCE

Wednesday, November 07, 2007

At 5:30 A.M. we walked into Scottsdale Healthcare at Thompson Peak Parkway. This new hospital opened on Monday and Charlotte was entering today (Wednesday) as one of their first patients and the first patient on this particular day.

Over the years I have been in and out of hospitals visiting members of the church and let me tell you, this hospital is at the top of the line. It is excellent in everyway. We toured the facility on Saturday, even going into the operating room. This morning I had breakfast in the cafeteria and that too was top notch.

Now don’t get me wrong, this is not a place you want to have to visit. But if you do need a hospital, and can,--choose this one. Charlotte was there as an out-patient, so we didn’t stay any longer than necessary. But we are making plans to go back as volunteers, one day a week.

I have been ill in a lot of different places—Oklahoma, California, Ethiopia, India, and I am grateful beyond words for good doctors, nurses and health facilities wherever they are. And today, I am especially thankful for Scottsdale Healthcare at Thompson Peak Parkway.

0 comments: