THE JOY OF CHRISTMAS

Sunday, December 09, 2007

It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas! It’s colder here in Scottsdale today and cloudy and sprinkling rain. There is a large Christmas tree just outside the church door and over fifty lighted trees inside. The preacher ended a series of messages on grace this morning and will preach two or three “Christmas” messages before he begins a new series from the Book of Esther and then a series from 1st Peter.

The church I grew up in and spent most of my ministry preaching for was afraid to even use the word Christmas for fear of being misunderstood. We didn’t want to add anything or subtract anything from the Word of God. Well, we didn’t do any adding or subtracting as far as Christmas was concerned but we sure did mess around with a lot of other stuff. I can’t even begin to tell you all the adding and subtracting that goes on in the Churches of Christ.

Well, so much for that. I’m determined to not let anything subtract from my joy in the Lord. I don’t know when He was born but by faith I “know” He was! Praise His Name!

Joy to the world the Lord has come!

0 comments: