THIS AND THAT

Saturday, December 01, 2007

Rain has returned to the valley after a long absence. This “storm” has brought us more rain than we have had in eight months. Yes, I know we live in the desert but we still need water. Thank you Lord!

Chili Dogs, 2 for $2.22! Marching through the Paradise Valley Mall the sign just leaped out at me. I love Dairy Queen Chili dogs. Charlotte wasn’t with me so I could have had two and nobody, nobody that matters that is, would have ever known. But I didn’t. I marched on. But that sign just wouldn’t leave my mind. I went back to DQ yesterday. Charlotte didn’t accompany me, she stopped off at Dillards. But she gave me her blessings. At my age, what can a couple of dogs do that hasn’t already been done? They were delicious!

Salmon was on the menu for dinner last night. I guess Charlotte was trying to offset the Chili dogs. My blood sugar readings are much better after salmon than after Chili dogs.

Last night the rain was falling outside, the fireplace was warming it up inside, the Suns were on television, the tree was lit up inside and the lights were twinkling outside, Carol was picking up Allen at Sky Harbor as he returned from a trip to Delaware—I counted my blessings and said a prayer.

Isn’t this a great time of the year?

0 comments: