THE DEATH OF A FRIEND

Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Bob Bradford was my friend. We will gather at the Lincoln Heights Christian Church Friday morning to tell Bob good-bye.

From the moment I arrived at the church to be the new minister, Bob encouraged me. He always had something to say about my sermons. He listened well and I sincerely appreciated that. He told me once that I had more ways of presenting a message than any preacher he knew. Bob never tried to force his opinion, take advantage or bully anyone. He treated you the way he wanted to be treated.

Bob was a teacher, preacher, singer, actor, drama coach, craftsman in addition to being a great husband and father. Bob was an asset to the community. For many years he owned and operated the Bradford Mills. He made the beautiful cabinets and bookshelves in the preacher’s office at Lincoln Heights.

I am confident that there has been beautiful singing and great story telling in heaven for thousands of years. With Bob’s arrival it has just improved!

0 comments: