IT'S JUST ANOTHER HILL

Friday, February 01, 2008

She leads the choir at a small church outside Tucson. Sunday it is her turn to bring the special music. She is going to sing the following song. Read the words and think about the message.

I remember when I first heard the news. I thought my life was almost through. Tears filled my eyes and I recall the pain inside. But I knew it was a hill I had to climb.

The road I had to walk was long and dark and it looked like my world would fall apart. Then I fell down on my knees and cried, Dear Lord, Please hear my pleas. And these are the words he spoke to my heart.

I carried the stripes on my back down a long, long road and up Calvary’s hill and it was there for you and the world that my blood was spilled. So don’t you worry, I can carry you, it’s all part of my will. So hold my hand child, it’s just another hill.

So if you’re facing circumstances remember God’s power is real. So hold the Savior’s hand. It’s just another hill.

(Note: I just typed the song without regard to spacing and punctuation. I don’t expect you to try to sing it. Just read it and let the words sink in—especially, “It’s just another hill.”

2 comments:

Charlotte said...

This is a good reminder for me as I wrestle with the pain in my knee. This morning as I was reading an inspirational book, I thought, "If my knee didn't hurt so much, I might be at the mall." Maybe I needed this "hill to climb."

Margo said...

I first heard this song by a gospel group visiting our church. It's message made me think of my dearest friend, who is going through a very hard time. I know she has fear and uncertainty in making a decision about her marriage. I want to give her these lyrics, in the hope that she will realize that no matter what hill we have to climb, God promises to go with us and that he climbed the hardest hill alone and was victorious.