Keep On Dancin’ #2

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

For by the grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the measure of faith God has given you. Romans 12:3

One of the most liberating discoveries of my life was that problems can be potential blessings. They can be a means of growth. I also know that in Christ I have the capacity to be a very capable problem solver.

The Bible encourages us to have a sane estimate of our abilities. Many people interpret this to mean that we should think less of ourselves. In having a sane estimate of our abilities, we realize the amazing things that God can do in us and through us. When we do that, we become much less intimidated by problems because we know that God is not only for us but in us.

Therefore, I am not afraid to fail.

Oh God, when I remember that You actually live in me, my limitations become Your opportunities.

Taken from Tim Hansel’s book
Keep On Dancin’ Daily readings

0 comments: