Keep On Dancin’ #6

Sunday, May 18, 2008

But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings of eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. Isaiah 40:31 (KJV)

On a Summit Expedition wilderness program for the physically handicapped, I was in excruciating pain, beginning to think, “Why me?” when I looked over and saw Pam Dahl ready to take on her first rock-climbing challenge.

Because of cerebral palsy Pam has never walked, and could not use her arms in climbing.

Our instructors tied her onto the rope at the bottom of the cliff and then for the next hour and a half she inched her way up the rock. At the top, instructors helped her over to a rock where she curled her bent legs underneath her and said, “That was fun. Let’s do it again.”

Needless to say, I became rather embarrassed about my “pity party.”

Changing our perspective sets us free to see problems as they really are.

Lord, set me free from my whining to see my life from Your perspective.

Taken from Tim Hansel’s book
Keep On Dancin’ Daily readings

0 comments: