ON THE CORNER BY THE SCHOOL

Friday, May 09, 2008

My “first” library was on the corner by my “first” elementary school. I loved that library!

I passed it everyday on the way to and from school. I stopped in often to look over books and check out a few. It was in that building that I learned you are supposed to be quite while visiting the library. As a child I respected this rule with reverence. I broke this rule quite often in high school and college but I have returned to it in my old age and now noise in a library really annoys me.

I have enjoyed the library in every city I have ever lived in. It makes me sad that they are closing the one I visit most often. I think this is happening because more people are now buying books of their own. At least I hope this is true and not they we are reading less.

“Book love, my friend, is your pass to the greatest, the purest, and the most perfect pleasure.” Anthony trollope

2 comments:

Down on the Farm said...

I have heard it said that people don't read anymore. I don't believe it. Almost every single garage sale I go to has book for sale. That I where I get a great share of my book. I also buy them at Bookman's, a used book store. Of course my reading is not as lofty as your, sad to say.

Down on the Farm said...

Book.........s, book..........s!!!