THE STEADFASTNESS OF GOD'S LOVE (3)

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

As we continue on with the five truths about God’s providence which we know, I want to list again the first two and then talk about the third one.

First, we know that God works in our lives.

Secondly, God is at work for the good of his people.

Thirdly, God works for our good in all things. All things must include the sufferings of verse 17 and the groanings of verse 23. “Thus all that is negative in this life is seen to have a positive purpose in the execution of God’s eternal plan.” Nothing is beyond the overruling, overriding scope of his providence.

All things are not good but God works for our good in all things.

This gives me great hope. I hope it does you too.

(Reference: Commentary on Romans by John Stott)

1 comments:

Debbie said...

Hi Clif - yes - it gives me hope too. I am really enjoying your blog. Thanks for visiting mine also. I have you bookmarked and will visit you often. In these challenging times, it is such a breath of fresh air to read your "musings". I can always use the lift. I have been a Christian for a long time, but as I look back over the years, I cannot believe how much I have grown and learned....and continue to grow and learn. God is truly such an awesome God, and the fact that he cares about every aspect of our lives is mind boggling. When I think about this great universe and all the people and places there are, and I am just a tiny tiny speck on the map, but he knows me by name and cares about me. Keep musing.....I will be listening. Have a great day!