A GENTLE THUNDER

Sunday, August 17, 2008

If you read my blog you know I am a fan of Max Lucado. Today I want to share something with you from his splendid book, A Gentle Thunder:

…may I share with you a favorite verse of mine? ...I like it so much I wrote it on the first page of my Bible.
“Because he delights in me, he saved me” (Ps.18:19).
And you thought he saved you because of your good works or good attitude or good looks. Sorry. If that were the case, your salvation would be lost when your voice went south or your works got weak. There are many reasons God saves you: to bring glory to himself, to appease his justice, to demonstrate his sovereignty. But one of the sweetest reasons God saved you is because he is fond of you. He likes having your around. He thinks you are the best thing to come down the pike in quite awhile. “As a man rejoices over his new wife, so your God will rejoice over you” (Isa.62:5).If God had a refrigerator, your picture would be on it. If he has a wallet, your photo would be in it. He sends you flowers every spring and a sunrise every morning. Whenever you want to talk, he’ll listen. He can live anywhere in the universe, and he chose your heart. And the Christmas gift he sent you in Bethlehem? Face it, friend. He’s crazy about you.

5 comments:

Charlotte said...

This is great. You know I love Max Lucado. He writes good stuff.
Love

Carrie said...

This wonderful passage from Max Lucado is so comforting and exhilarating at the same time...God delights in us, His children. Amazing...

Kathi~Lavender, Lace and Thyme said...

What a wonderful passage Clif. Max Lucado has a wonderful way of reminding me how much God loves me no matter what.

Have a wonderful Sonday!
Kathi :)

Cherdecor said...

This is rich! I love it! Thanks for posting.

nannykim said...

God is such an amazing God===It always surprises me to see the greatness of His love.