A HARD LESSON TO LEARN

Friday, August 01, 2008

Live in the here and now.

This is one thing I have struggled with all my life.

Even as a teenager I wrestled with this. I worried about the future and couldn’t forget past mistakes.

Slowly but surely I am beginning to learn that regardless of who we are, life will not allow us more than one minute at a time.

If we are going to be happy we had better learn to accept who we are and where we are.

“The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.” Psalm 23

LIVE IN THE HERE AND NOW!

2 comments:

Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage said...

I struggle with past mistakes and worrie about the future. That is my main thing I need to work on and pray about. OH! my blog I don't know what I did~~~~ That's happened before too. Sometimes when I post a lot of picutes and move them around that happens, I just don't know how to fix it. I am hoping your wife can teach me a few things when we are there!
Have a blessed day,
ginger

nannykim said...

Yes, that is something I have been working on also---trying to live in the moment--to be alive to the moment I am in!! I think we miss so much of real living by dwelling on the past or future. God has called us to be where we are at this moment and to be actively engaged. Enjoyed this post.

(Although I do understand that setting our eyes on Jesus and all that is before us, helps us in our everyday living).