WHEN THE BURDEN IS TOO HEAVY

Sunday, August 03, 2008

We all have heard, “He’s not heavy, he’s my brother.” Well, there’s a big difference between carrying your brother and carrying your burdens.

I am used to having people look at me and think, “Oh Clif’s a preacher. He’s got it all together. I wish my life was like his.” Let me tell you—sometimes the burdens are too heavy for one person to carry. There are times when we all need a helping hand. All too often I find myself saying to my son, “Al can you come over and help me lift this thing?”

The same thing applies to the burdens of life. We need somebody that is able to help when the burden is too heavy.

“Praise be to the Lord, to God our Savior, who daily bears our burdens.” Psalm 68:19

3 comments:

Jamie {See Jamie blog} said...

Yes, we DO need each other! More than most of us would like to admit. It's lovely to hear you, as a pastor, say so as well!

Kathi~Lavender, Lace and Thyme said...

Dear Clif,

I have been by several times today to re-read your post. I am reminded of my Father-In-Law who was a preacher his whole life, I miss him terribly. Would you believe you filled a little hole in my heart today with your spiritual wisdom :). Thank you :).

God bless you!
Have a glorious Sonday!

Kathi :)

Down on the Farm said...

I think often of a quote that is attributed to Mother Teresa (hope I have her name correct, the ol' memory is not real dependable). She is supposed to have said, "The Lord says He will not give me more than I can bare but I wish He didn't trust me so much!"