OUR VALUES ARE MESSED UP

Saturday, November 29, 2008

Why do we do what we do?

Did you read about the employee who was crushed to death on Black Friday when a wild herd of shoppers ran over him in an effort to get a bargain?

Who says I can’t step on somebody’s neck that is in my way?

No absolutes. No principles. No ethics. No standards. With this kind of thinking, it’s only logical that man has no value.

But man’s value system is not the same as Gods. God believes that man is of great value! He demonstrated that to us went he sent his son to a manger in Bethlehem.

But those people who stomped over the employee on Friday weren’t thinking about the Savior, they were thinking about the stuff.

3 comments:

SmilingSally said...

I had not heard this! I don't listen much to the news these days. I got sick of it during the election process. Shame.

I like your new header.

Amanda said...

Along with Jesus, my heart aches wanting to gather them all in and say, "Please, listen to the truth!!" It can be so frustrating, but His mercy is so much greater than mine.

Praise Him for He is truly full of both grace and truth!!

Happy Spiritual Sunday, Clif.

bp said...

I read this in our paper. How ridiculous!