CHOOSE BETWEEN BEING KIND AND BEING RIGHT

Friday, January 02, 2009

If 2009 is like every other year has been, we will be given many opportunities to choose between being kind and being right.


We will have many chances to “correct” people.


Please don’t confuse being kind with being a wimp.


And I would never suggest that it’s not okay for you to be right.


But if you insist on being right, it often takes away your inner peace.


The best place and time to start being kind is with the next person you speak to.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

I love visiting your blog. I always leave with more wisdom than I came with. Thank You.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for stating this so clearly and succinctly; I needed this reminder today.

A recent, snappy retort I am not proud to claim may have been justified, may not have even been heard, yet its echo haunted my afternoon with a restless, muddy feeling. If allowed, shallow pride can rob us of inner peace.

Jean