FROM MY MORNING DEVOTION

Thursday, January 22, 2009

No eye has seen, no ear has heard,
no mind has conceived what God has
prepared for those who love him.
1 Corinthians 2:9

Years ago, a famous golfer accepted an invitation from the king of Saudi Arabia to play golf together for several days. After enjoying their time together, the king asked the golfer what he wanted as a gift--"anything you want." The king insisted that he must be given something, so the golfer finally gave in and said, "Okay, fine. I collect golf clubs. Why don't you give me a golf club?" Weeks went by, and the golfer imagined possibly receiving a solid gold putter or a diamond-studded sand wedge from the oil-rich king until a certified letter arrived. Inside he discovered a deed to a five-hundred-acre golf course in America.

Sometimes kings think differently than you and I think. And friend, we serve the King of kings. Dream accordingly!

(From the devotion for January 22 in Joel Osteen's book, Your Best Life Begins Each Morning)

6 comments:

Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Technonana said...

Not sure how I feel about Mr. Osteen, but the word"sometimes Kings think differently than we do", struck a cord with me.
Praying about a situation,now I think maybe my view is a little too small, for I know that My Lord, does all things well.

bp said...

Praise God we do serve the King of kings!

Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage said...

Okay that was me who deleted the comment. I did it again. I use the b instead of th p. The moments gone now, but anyway it is a good story.
Ginger

SmilingSally said...

I'm so glad I KNOW the King of Kings!

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

Good one! Our King is also full of surprises!

Katherine