LIVE A BALANCED LIFE

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Jesus' first miracle was to keep a party going.

He appreciated the lilies and grass of the field and the birds of the air.

He found time to go fishing.

He built things--maybe bird houses.

Jesus lived a balanced life. He went to the house of worship but he also went to work. He prayed but he also played. If he lived in this world today, would he blog? Good question. Personally, I have no doubt that he would. What a great way to get his message out.

I received news this week that a dear blogging friend is retiring from blogging so she can spend more time listening to God and not so much to others. She feels God has directed her to do this. Ok. Maybe He did and maybe he didn't. Oh, I agree, she needs to quit blogging. She needs to do this because she thinks God is leading her to do it.

I have a concern that some of us become so pious that we aren't able to live sanely in this world. Hey, a little blogging never hurt anybody. A little wine, a little McDonalds, a little T.V., a little of this and a little of that--as long as it's alright to begin with, is a good thing.

I hesitated to write the two posts this week describing my devotional time in the morning. I know that everybody doesn't have time for this and some don't even want to do it--but they feel guilty if they don't do it. We have just got to stop comparing ourselves with others.

My plea is for you to live the best life you can, the best way you know how. God loves you and he does not demand perfection. If you do what is right, it will be alright.

Live the Christian life with gusto and a smile, not "scared to death."

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

God talks to us in some many different ways and often it is through others. I, personally, have been touched, challenged and inspired by the many blogs I have read and truly believe that God uses this medium to communicate to me. Thank you, too, for your thoughs today. God bless you, Judith

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

I, personally have been very encouraged by blogging. It has proved to be for me, at least, a wonderful medium by which I can express myself and meet other children of the King. God bless the lady who felt that she should spend more time with her Creator. Each of us should put God first in our lives and live our lives with gusto and a smile on our face. We would be a better influence on the world around us if we did just that. Thanks for sharing Clif, and have a wonderful week.

Blessings,
Sandi

Ms.Daisy said...

Great advice,Cliff. All good things in moderation, I belive.
Thanks for a good Spiritual Sundays post.

~Jean

michelle said...

I just started reading A Hunger for God by John Piper about fasting and praying and tonight the sermon was about the battle between our flesh and spirit. I like what my pastor said. When the flesh and spirit are equally strong, say no to the flesh so the spirit will become stronger. It really is such a battle and we do have to stop comparing ourselves to others. Thanks!

Cherdecor said...

Keeping a balance is hard to do, but thank you for the encouragement. I guess I will keep on blogging. =)

Ruthie said...

I have found blogging to be a real ministry in many ways.
Great post.
Thanks.

Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage said...

What a great, great post! That is one of my problems I don't keep a very good balance. I will work on that one, but the time being I know God loves me just the same.
Thank-you
Ginger

SmilingSally said...

lol A former pastor of mine used to say that some people are trying so hard to be good that they end up being good for nothing! Thank you for sharing. Happy Spiritual Sunday.

Mevely317 said...

Just wanted to say "thanks" for this post, Clif.

I, too, have constantly compared myself with others .. more often than not, coming up short.

Now... I'm pretty certain, had my own pastor been more like you, and less judgmental, I'd have not turned my back on the Church those many years ago.

Thank God for second chances!

Kathi~Lavender, Lace and Thyme said...

Clif, I enjoy reading your thoughts and words, I am blessed by them throughout my week...a good balance is what we need in bloggie world :).

I know you minister to a lot of folks and I hope from time to time I do the same. It's all in His hands if we allow Him to be :)

Have a blessed day,
Kathi :)

Gone said...

Great post.

This girl (and dh) will probably NEVER retire from blogging, cuz I feel it's right where I'm supposed to be. I was SAVED on the Internet, received the Baptism of the Holy Spirit on the Internet...had our wedding on the Internet 3 1/2 years ago...so, I know God can and does use the Internet!!

~Blessings,
Jan

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

What great advice! I sure hope God never tells me to quit blogging, not sure I could do that! LOL! If Jesus could blog today, I would love to be on His Blogger's List!!

On second thought -- maybe He does blog -- through His people!! Maybe, just maybe, you, Clif are one of His instruments to blog through! I wouldn't be surprised!!

Katherine

I'm going to click on "publish" now, I hope it only posts once and not four times again!

Milly said...

Wonderful advice to remind us all, what is important.
Thank you.