THE GREEN, GREEN GRASS OF HOME

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

I love green grass but I don't like to mow it.

When I left California twenty years ago I left a huge back yard and a large front yard filled with grass.

In Arizona we filled our front yard and our two side yards with rock. A pool and deck cover much of the back yard and there is a very small area of grass under a shade tree.

That small area of grass does have to be mowed, especially when the sun shines. Neil Diamond sings, "L.A.'s fine, the sun shines most of the time...". And that's also true in Arizona. The sun shines most of the time!

So I mowed today.

Did I tell you I don't like to mow? I don't. But man, I really don't like snow. So, I'll stay in Arizona
and mow that little lawn.

Yes, I know those are not the only two choices. But I don't want rock everywhere.

5 comments:

Ruthie said...

I'm glad you have some grass. When we were visiting in AZ, there were so many homes with only rocks - and looked so desolate. Grass is good.

bp said...

No green grass much here in these parts! It is brown most everywhere. I saw a fast food place today with a green lawn and someone was mowing. I normally don't notice it but today I did for some reason. I guess b/c I'm not used to seeing people mowing right now.

We are praying for rain, the farmers really need it for the crops.

Skoots1moM said...

I POSTED ABOUT THE OUTDOORS TODAY, TOO!
WE HAVE LOTS OF GRASS ON A CORNER LOT...I'M TIRED OF THE GREYS OF WINTER BUT I'M NOT LOOKING FORWARD TO THE MOWING. ALTHOUGH, THE EXERCISE IS GOOD FOR ME, I GUESS.

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

Hi Clif,
Just a quick note to thank you for your prayers. Things are going okay, but I'm having a hard time with the glare on the computer, etc. so I don't stay online very long.

Thanks again to you, and Charlotte!
Katherine

P.S. - Smart man to have only a small patch of grass, how do you trim it? I'm visualizing scissors? Hee-hee! The surgery must have affected my brain!! LOL!

Cherdecor said...

I love grass also. I am glad that you have a little. A little green can change our emotional state. Yellow is good too except when it comes to grass. =)