READ GREAT BOOKS

Saturday, February 28, 2009

In his excellent book Good to Great in God's Eyes, Chip Ingram discusses ten practices great Christians have in common.

One practice he mentions is, read great books. He then states the following reasons for reading:
Great books broaden your world, sharpen your mind, inflame your heart, develop your skills, and heal your soul. This list of good things makes me want to read. How about you?

Over the next few weeks I am going to be giving away five copies each of three different books. I hope you will come by and let me know you would like to receive a copy of one or all three. Tell your friends to come by also. Having a Christian attitude you will say, "If I don't win one, I would like to know that you do."

Free Yourself to Love --The Liberating Power of Forgiveness by Jackie Kendall will bless your life. You will learn how to exchange bitterness for the freedom to love and be loved.

Work in progress--An unfinished Woman's Guide To Grace, written by Kristin Armstrong, the former wife of Lance Armstrong, is a wonderful book that describes the twelve traits of a graceful woman and shows readers how they can be truly transformed.

A Walk With Christ To The Cross by Dawson McAllister tells about the last fourteen hours of Christ's earthly mission in the most interesting and powerful way of any book on this subject that I have ever read.

COME BY NEXT WEEK AND TELL ME YOU WOULD LIKE TO READ THESE BOOKS!

4 comments:

SmilingSally said...

It sounds like you're off and running! I love that button. I must learn how to do that! Is it difficult?

Dixie said...

Clif... your post made me smile! I just posted my Sunday Morning blog post for Spirtual Sunday. In my post I stated that I'd finally gotten around to reading a book that I'd been wanting to read for some time... you know, bought it, brought it home, put it on the book shelf, looked at it several times a week... never got around to reading it... too busy doing other things...

Each of the books you're giving away sound wonderful.. and I promise, if I win... I'll take the time to read them... right away!

I'll be back to read each post. I always enjoy reading your blog... always insightful... often amusing... always a blessing. Dixie

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

I read the other post before this one, I'll also be back next week to sign up! All the books sound good!

Katherine

bp said...

These sound like great books. I'll come back to sign up. I used to listen to Dawson McAllister on the weekends on his radio show.