VALENTINE'S DAY IS A TIME FOR LOVE. OH YEAH?

Friday, February 13, 2009

Surprised! I was surprised yesterday when I read a survey that more married couples break up around Valentine's Day than any other time of the year.

Is this true? Why?

She didn't get the pajama gram?

She got the pajama gram but wouldn't take her clothes off?

What's wrong with you people?

Why don't you break up around Ground Hog Day or April Fools' Day? Or why break up at all?

Somebody out there let me know what's going on. Let me hear from you.

I have been married to the same woman for over fifty years. Am I missing something here?

Valentine's Day is coming up--Saturday in fact.

Let me hear from you soon.

5 comments:

SmilingSally said...

No, you're not missing a thing; in fact, you have the KEY!

If more marrieds break up on Heart Day, then that just points to the materialistic society we live in or to the disease that has crept into our homes.

Brenda said...

Pure selfishness in my eyes. And a dysfunctional society--even in the Christian circle--who desperately need to know the love of Jesus.

Cherdecor said...

We will have been married 40 years this coming June. I think besides knowing God and praying to Him, communication is key to a happy marriage. So many people are not in touch with their feelings, why they do the things they do etc.

So, Happy Valentines Day to you and to dear Charlotte! She is a peach!

Anonymous said...

My friend Clif, would that all would know the secret to happy marriages. you preached many sermons about the topic and I thank you. You know Paul is not the easiest person to live with but I have loved him for over 50 years and more today than back when. Our live has been a blast from the begining. I feel sorry for people who miss what we have.
Happy Valentin's Day to you and Charlotte. Bobbie

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

I hadn't heard this. Sad.

Katherine