HE ASKED THE FATHER TO KEEP AN EYE ON YOU

Saturday, March 07, 2009

"They are still in the world, and I am coming to you. Holy Father, protect them by the power of your name, the name you gave me...While I was with them, I protected them and kept them safe by that name you gave me" (John 17:11-12). (Emphasis mine)

The word protect in Greek means "to watch, guard, keep an eye on." The one who prayed this verse said, "Two thousand years ago I asked the Father to keep an eye on you!"

Wow! Two thousand years ago, Jesus prayed for me in the garden. Two thousand years ago, He asked the Father to keep an eye on me.

(These thoughts were taken from Jakie Kendall's book, Free Yourself to Love--The Liberating Power of Forgiveness. See my review and book giveaway by scrolling down to Monday's post)

1 comments:

Charlotte said...

This is so awesome. Thanks for the reminder.
Charlotte