GOD'S GOODNESS EVERYDAY

Saturday, April 25, 2009

Ponder the following words from Joel Osteen:

"When you live favor-minded, you'll begin to see God's goodness in the everyday, ordinary details at the grocery store, at the ball field, at the mall, at work or at home. You may be out to lunch when you "just happen" to bump into somebody you've been wanting to meet. Perhaps that person is somebody you admire or hope to learn from, or possibly he or she is someone with whom you have been hoping to do business, but you couldn't get to them. That is not a coincidence. That's the favor of God causing you to be at the right place at the right time."

"When those kinds of things happen, be grateful. Be sure to thank God for His favor, and for His special assistance in your life. Don't take God's favor for granted."

14 comments:

Betty said...

Thank you for that reminder,Clif. Hope you are doing well. Just wanted to stop by to say'hi'.

Karen said...

Very true words. You are a blessing. Have a wonderful Sunday.

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Great post, Clif! Thank you for sharing and have a wonderful Sunday.

Blessings,
Sandi

Melly said...

I never thought of those things as Gods favor before, I have so much to learn and so much to be thankful to God for. Thank you Cliff, for this wonderful post.
God bless you
Melly:)

SmilingSally said...

God IS good.

I think extra good news is coming in a day or two!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Clif, I needed to hear this today.

Thanks,

Sheila

Lisa said...

Isn't good to know that there are no coincidences in the Body of Christ. Just heavenly set-ups(:

Saleslady371 said...

This is a wonderful word. I'm believing the favor of God over my life today!

Cherdecor said...

I needed to hear this today! I am so worried about my teeth. I need to know that I have the favor of God on me and that He will work for my good.
Thank you, Cliff.

Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage said...

I love this! Everday when something happens or I see someone, I think to myself I'm sure that was God! I get so tearing eye when this happens.I know he is there with me everyday but to have that happen it's wonderful.
God Bless,
Ginger

Sue said...

I like the phrase"When you live favor -minded." And I too never want to take the favor of God for granted, thank you so much for sharing. I totally agree with what you you posted today.

Thank you for stopping by this week, I apologize for not acknowledging it before now, and will try and get by more often.
I read some of your post from this past week and enjoyed them, sounds like you had a great relationship with your mother-in-law as my dear husbands has.

i will check out your book review, My husband loves sports and especially basketball. Thank you for sharing.
Blessings,
Sue

Ruthie said...

That's so true - there are no "coincidences" with God in control.

I loved your Mother in Law post also.

Blessings.

Ms.Daisy said...

Clif,
This is a great reminder...I want to live a "God favored life" and especially not to take His favors for granted. Thank you.


~Jean

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

God's favor. I like that! I've heard "God-incidences" before, and one of my favorites is "God's Wink!" Sweet!

Katherine