MY MOTHER-IN-LAW

Friday, April 24, 2009

I have heard my share of, and even told a few, mother-in-law jokes.

If I could think of a funny one, I would tell it right now.

But this post is not about jokes. It's about a grand lady who, if she were living, would be ninety-six today.

My mother-in-law--and my father-in-law always treated me with the greatest respect. They never interfered in our lives or tried to tell us how to raise our family.

My mother-in-law was a good Christian lady. She was a good person in every way. She was kind, considerate and always put others first.

My wish for every man out there is for you to have a mother-in-law like mine. And I will know that when you tell those jokes--and you will tell them, that you are just teasing!

Happy heavenly birthday Jessie!

3 comments:

SmilingSally said...

With a sweetie like Charlotte, I knew you had to have good in-laws!

Mevely317 said...

What a lovely tribute, Clif!

My own mamma would have turned 91 on Wednesday ... I still miss her so very much!

Don't know if this seems weird, but on each anniversary of her passing, I try to wish her a "Happy HEAVEN-Birthday."

I'm reminded of a phrase our pastor (Florida) once spoke: "We are all spiritual beings, simply going through a Human experience."

Have a beautiful day!

Myra

Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage said...

What a sweet~~sweet post, it brought tears to my eyes.
Blessings,
Ginger