I'LL DO IT MY WAY

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Far too long I have cared too much about how people felt about me. Far too long!

As a preacher for forty-seven years I "lived in a fish bowl."

I have been retired for five years and I still feel my every word and deed is under a microscope.

Example: The books I read and review. I would love to read and review a new book, I Hate People. It's a book about people in the business world you might work with. I won't be reviewing it. I don't hate anybody and I don't want to have to explain the title. But I think I might like the book.

Bur frankly, I am tired of this crap of having to explain every word I use--like the word crap.

I'm almost seventy-five years old. I'm a good person. I live a good, clean life. I am not ashamed of anything I do or say--most of the time.

If I want to read a book that happens to have a few naughty words in it--I will. If a book I'm reading says a little too much about sex, I'm not going to start trembling and go blind.

Blog readers are just like T.V. viewers. You have freedom of choice. Don't stop by!

Bonnie was a member of our church. She wasn't the smartest member on the pew but she was writing a book--a book about the old West. I asked her one day, "Bonnie, does your book have any profanity in it?" She hesitated, grinned slyly and said, "Clif, cowboys don't say darn."

Bonnie was doing it her way. I like Bonnie. I think I might like her book.

9 comments:

SmilingSally said...

Cliff, read I Hate People and stop explaining. Like the Nike commercial, Just Do it!

Ms.Daisy said...

Clif,
I understand what you are saying, but you don't live "in a fishbowl" anymore. Do what your conscience dictates.


~Jean

bp said...

The story about Bonnie made me laugh!

You have very good advice here.

bp said...

Oh and also, thank you for your prayers, we appreciate them.

Mevely317 said...

Hands down, today's post is the best I've read on (your) "Musings"!!!
.... so far, that is! :)

Thanks for being Real.

Myra

Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage said...

GREAT POST!!!
Ginger

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

You tell 'em, Clif!!

I don't think some Christians realize how judgmental they are, or maybe some of them don't care.

Cute comment you left on my blog about my grandson and you having the same birthdays!

Katherine
P.S. - let me know when you read that hate book, I would like to hear all about it! LOL!

Cherdecor said...

You are a HOOT!

nannykim said...

Ah, honesty ..hey? Well, since you do review books you can tell us how they rate in those areas (sex and language)....really when you think about it the OT is very violent and has quite a bit of sex in it , eh?