"OH NO DR. SAY IT AIN'T SO"

Monday, June 29, 2009



What horrible things did the doctor say to you Clif?

Dr. Selby said, "Clif, you need to lose some weight."

I thought, "Oh no Doctor, say it ain't so."

My mind immediately rushed ahead to the pool party and cookout at our house this weekend. Hamburgers, hot dogs and homemade strawberry ice cream.

Dr. Selby said, "Just cut back on the carbohydrates."

"Oh no!" I thought about the book my kids gave me for Father's Day. The book is Southern Living Comfort Food. The page I have displayed in the kitchen is chicken-fried steak and mashed potatoes and gravy.

"Just ten or fifteen pounds would help a lot."

My heart missed a beat or two when I thought ahead to July 11--our 51st anniversary.

"You say, "Ten or fifteen pounds?" "Yea, that's all. That would help big time."

"Oh no, Dr. say it ain't so--or say it's not so!

4 comments:

SmilingSally said...

Oh, you're much more behaved than I am. I can never hear ugly words like that. In fact, I refuse to go to doctors who tell me to lose weight. Why, I've worked and worked to gain and maintain all this excess weight. If we ever have a famine in the land, I'm prepared!

nannykim said...

I expect a wonderful vegetarian feast on your 51 st anniversary post --HAAAAA!

Loren said...

You can do this!!! :) Be good during the week and enjoy the 4th then be good until your anniversary ....then enjoy your wonderful and beautiful bride!

veggies, turkey, salad...it will be ok! Men lose weight so much faster than us so it will be gone in no time!

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

Clif, I will help you! I will come to your house and eat your portion of that homemade strawberry ice cream!

Katherine