GODS NOT AFRAID OF THE DARK

Saturday, July 04, 2009

The little boy didn't want to be in his bedroom alone at night because it was dark.

He was afraid of the dark!

His mother assured him it would be alright. She said"God will be there with you."

He said, "But I want somebody with skin on their face."

I receive great courage from Exodus 20:21 which says, "The people stood afar off, and Moses drew near unto the thick darkness where God was." (Emphasis mine).

God is not afraid of the dark and you shouldn't be either.

God is in your darkest moment.

You may be in darkness because of financial problems, sickness, marital problems or many other dark things.

But no matter how dark it gets, God is in your darkest moments.

13 comments:

rcubes said...

And it was also from Exodus when I was just new with my faith that I got my enouragement from Exodus 3:12, God said to Moses, "I will be with you." And I always carry it in my heart knowing that He is there with me wherever I go. God is awesome! Happy Independence Day and I just figured out that you are sis Charlotte's hubby. Your pictures on the right side bar are awesome, full of love even after many, many years. God bless you both and give you strength.

Ziggy Stardust said...

That is a beautiful post. Thank you. I must confess that when things are dark I have struggled with trying to find God in the darkness. Always though when the light comes I do praise Him.

God bless you
Anne

SmilingSally said...

Powerful message, Clif. Thank you.

Jillian's Bella Rosa Antiques said...

We need to remember this! Thank you.

Saleslady371 said...

This is a rhema word for me. I'm thanking Jesus.

Saleslady371 said...

This is a rhema word for me. I'm thanking Jesus.

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Thank you for this wonderful post, Clif. God IS always there. He never leaves us nor forsakes us; even in the darkness, He is there!

Have a wonderful Sunday and week.

Blessings,
Sandi

Sue said...

Hi Cliff,
What a beautiful post, and so true, I am so glad that He is not afraid of the dark ,and that I can feel safe in the knowledge of this and receive sweet rest.
Blessings,
Sue

Mevely317 said...

What a comforting thought! Thank you for sharing this reassurance, that I might take with me during the dark times!

Myra

the wild raspberry said...

Cliff, thank you for your kind comments about my little punkin. I see you are a "retired" minister for the church of Christ. Chasity and I are both members of the church. Have you ever been to www.christiancourier.org ? It's a great encouragement for staying faithful.
Warmly, Debbie

Elaine said...

Thank you Cliff. You said so much in so few words! Very encouraging.By the way...love your music selection. I've just been hangin' out here listening. :)

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

A wonderful reminder!

Katherine

Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage said...

Thank-you for this reminder!
God Bless,
Ginger