KEEP ON DANCIN'

Saturday, July 11, 2009

(The following is from one of my all time favorite devotional books, Keep On Dancin' by Tim Hansel)

Paul...traveled throughout the region of Phrygia and Galatia, having been kept by the Holy Spirit from preaching the word in the province of Asia. Acts 16:6

Many of the best things that have happened to me came when I found the second right answer. When I graduated Stanford, my first job choice was head coach for the Stanford freshman football team. My second choice was San Francisco Bay area director for Young Life. The coaching job went to the famous Dick Vermeil. my second choice ended up changing my life.

When the Holy Spirit prevented Paul from speaking God's message in Asia, Paul had a vision of a man saying, "Come over to Macedonia and help us!" because Paul went to Macedonia (his second choice) God brought the message of the gospel to the whole world.

Look for the second right answer, the third right answer, and maybe the fourth. Like Paul, it could change lives.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lord, help me examine even the small decisions of my life to make sure I'm following Your lead.

8 comments:

Mevely317 said...

How true! I'm reminded of the saying when God closes another door, stay watchful for another, better door to be opened.

Blessings (and all good things) to you and Charlotte on your 51st Special day!

Myra

Heart2Heart said...

Clif,

This is so true especially if we put all our focus into that first choice. We dwell in the loss of what we wanted instead of seeing the potential of what lies around us that God may have wanted which is why that door seemed to close.

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

bp said...

Thanks for sharing this, I needed to read it today.

Also, wanted to say happy anniversary! God bless you with many more years together!

Loren said...

Happy Anniversary you love birds!
May the Lord bless you today as you celebrate each other and the Blessed life you have with one another and may you have many many more to come!

Love and blessings,

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

Very thought provoking!

Katherine

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

Happy Anniversary to you and Charlotte! You have both been very blessed!

Katherine

Cheptoek said...

Thank you for this perspective. It has got me thinking. Did not know about the aniversary until I read the other comments. May the Lord surround you and your wife as you celebrate your life together.

Karen said...

Clif, Thank you for posting things that speak to me! I have some job interviews coming up this week and I don't know if any of them are the "right thing to do". Thanks for the assurance that uncertainty is not always bad. Thank you for your musings. God bless you.