CARRYING A FULL LOAD

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

As a student, being enrolled in all the classes I needed and could possibly "carry" was called a full load.

When I retired I never expected to be carrying a full load.

For some a full load is a burden. For others it is a pleasure.

I'm retired. I'm carrying a full load and I'm extremely happy.

Sitting at my computer I know I have many blogging friends I need to contact. I smile.

Looking around I see nine new, exciting books I need to read and review on my blog.

Among that stack of books I see a must read travel guide on New England. We are going there next month.

Seeing the New England book reminds me that in a few weeks we will be heading up the road to beautiful Sedona for a reunion with some of our old friends from high school days.

As soon as I post this I am heading out into the back yard to prune bougainvillea, put chemicals in the pool and spruce up the patio.

I'm running late this morning because I took out time to watch a movie on television. It was a romantic, family, love story and comedy. It made me feel good.

Later today I will be scheduling some time with an long time friend who is ill. I talked to him yesterday and he said, "I would like for you to come see me."

My schedule is full. I am busy--and oh so happy!

13 comments:

kymber said...

Hi Clif,
Sounds like your life is full and happy indeed! I, too am happiest when I am busy.

Wow! A trip to New Englnd to visit with friends - sounds like a fun trip!
Enjoy your readings and your time out in the beautiful sunshine.
Blessings to you,
Kymber

Heart2Heart said...

Clif,

WOW you sound busy but in a good kind of way. Not the kind that demands things be done within a time frame but when you have a chance.

Who do you review all these books for?

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Loren said...

Sounds like a heavenly busy to me....exactly as retirement should be :)

bless you!!

Mary said...

I hear "abundant life" in here somewhere! God loves to shower His kids with a rich and full life...sounds like He loves you alot!

God bless,
Mary

SmilingSally said...

I believe that activity is one of the keys to happiness.

Fall in New England would be another key!

Mary said...

Me again, Clif. I just read your comment on my White Wednesday post, and had to laugh...you remind me of my husband. He isn't interested in being in style, as long as his clothes match and are clean, he's good to go. He does sometimes put on one black sock and one blue one, but since his pant leg covers them, no one knows except me, and I don't tell him...why ruin a good day? Thanks for the laugh! God bless you, Cliff...you're a good guy.

Mary

Mevely317 said...

A purpose-driven life ... yes! I've worked outside the home for so many years, I'm somewhat worried that one day I'll retire then drift aimlessly. What a great example you and Charlotte are setting for the rest of us!

New England ...and Sedona, too? Sounds idlyic! We've plans to weekend there (Sedona) the end of this month; t's been almost 5 years ... crazy!
...Perhaps you might recommend a nice restaurant?

Hope your friend was left feeling much better after your visit today.

Have a lovely evening,

Myra

Saleslady371 said...

Hi, Clif:
New England in autumn? That one is definitely on my bucket list. Post pictures of that trip, OK?

Sarah said...

Full is a blessing for you friend, then enjoy every day full to the brim of God's goodness.

Blessings for your full day,
Sarah Dawn

Cherdecor said...

You certainly do have a wonderful life. I do not know which is prettier, the fall leaves or the bougainvillea. I saw the pictures of your former church and the bougainvillea. Your surroundings are beautiful!

bp said...

Your post made me smile. I feel the same way, such contentment. A couple weeks ago I thought wow, this is my life and I love it! I'm very thankful!

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

I enjoyed reading this. So many people complain about their full schedule when it usually is truly blessings! We can get ourselves too bogged down with too much sometimes and have to back off a little so we can enjoy our blessings. I like your attitude!

I just invited Charlotte (and you) to come visit my blog to see my Thomas Kinkade things. I know you both are fans of his.

I hope you enjoy New England. I lived in RI for a year. We are going there next year (going first to hubby's 50th class reunion in Long Island, then on up to New England. Where are you going there?

Katherine

Cheptoek said...

What a blessing to be able to be doing what makes you happy. You do not have a dull moment!
Could you tell us what that movie was..I am in need of watching one like that. Thank you!