BEAUTIFUL BOUGAINVILLEA

Friday, October 23, 2009


Most of us have a problem spelling bougainvillea and even a bigger problem pronouncing it.

But one thing we all or at least most of us agree on--it is beautiful!

We have bougainvillea blooming just outside our front and back doors.

I was standing looking out at the bougainvillea in our back yard when Charlotte walked by and said, "I thought you were going to do a post." I muttered, "I was going to but I forgot about it." She then said, "That bougainvillea is beautiful." I said, "I was just standing here thinking the same thing and thinking that I would write my post about it." She said, "No you weren't." I said, "Yes I was!"


Guess who was right!

7 comments:

Sarah said...

You have something in common with my grandfather Hal Hougey. He preached at El Monte church of christ in the 1980s I believe (not sure what years exactly). My father Ken Hougey still lives in Concord, right around the corner from the church building. Although it is not a Church of Christ anymore.

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

You two are pretty cute! The bougainvillea is indeed beautiful! Have a wonderful day and thank you!

Blessings,
Sandi

Cheptoek said...

I see more with my eyes and heart the beauty of God's creation which I have in the past kind of taken for granted. We must stop and look and wonder!

Heart2Heart said...

Clif,

I thank you for taking time out of your book review posts and reflect on the beauty of one of God's most beautiful creations. What a nice way to end the work week.

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Loren said...

You guys are sooo cute!

I LOVE these BEAUTIFUL flowers! Haven't tried planting them yet though..

Have a blessed weekend :O)

SmilingSally said...

Nah ah. Getting between a husband and wife could be as thorny as that beautiful bougainvillea.

Debbie Petras said...

I love to look at the pink bougainvillea we have in our yard too. It's so colorful and pretty. Phoenix is filled with it now and I love it. I had to check my spelling on that word too.

blessings,
Debbie