BEAUTIFUL SEDONA, ARIZONA

Thursday, October 15, 2009




Charlotte's high school graduating class (1954,Lawton, Oklahoma) had a reunion in Sedona for all who could come.

I graduated the year before from the same school so I was happy to "tag along."

It was a small gathering since it's a long way to Oklahoma and the graduates have scattered all over the country.

But the ones who came,about twenty-five to thirty, had a great time. It was hard to get an exact count since people were coming and going. Some stayed at time shares they owned in Sedona and others stayed with friends. Most of us stayed at the beautiful Best Western Inn overlooking the red rock mountains of Sedona.

Memories! I guess that's what reunions are all about. We shared some wonderful memories.

Our old school building is being totally renovated and turned into offices of some kind. One room is being set aside as a museum/history site for the school.

I don't expect you to be interested in all this. I just wanted you to know why I haven't posted for a couple of days. Charlotte has pictures of the reunion on her blog if you are interested. http://char72.wordpress.com/

I hope you are able to attend a reunion or two with your high school "gang."

9 comments:

RCUBEs said...

Thank you for sharing this wonderful time bro. Clif! That's neat, for sister Charlotte to see old classmates and friends. Of course, we're interested to hear because you both are an awesome couple! God bless.

Mary said...

So nice to have those wonderful memories from high school...glad you and Charlotte were there. We are fortunate enough to have an annual reunion shared by 3 local high schools, just across the street and a block away at our community park. Its always a lot of fun...especially to see who still has hair!

God bless,
Mary

Loren said...

Thanks for sharing ....looks like you all are having a wonderful time! So happy you were able to attend :)

love and blessings

Cheptoek said...

I've been one who has been wondering where you were each time I came by and saw no post. Thanks for sharing. I would love to go there one day. Maybe God-willing with my husband whom I am still praying to God for! It just looks like a place to visit with your dear one.

Saleslady371 said...

I think it's great that you guys keep up with old friends.

Debbie said...

I think it's great that you got to do this. How fun for you both. The high school I went to and the people I knew back then hold no interest or appeal to me at all. Kind of sad really. My husband has been to a couple of his though. He went to a great school and has kept up with a few of his good friends. My two best friends from high school are good friends of mine to this day and we get together all the time. So I guess that is why I don't need to go back. The ones I love are already here. Anyway, I have no idea why I told you any of this, haha. I enjoy your blog. Have a great day. Blessings to you, Debbie

Heart2Heart said...

Clif,

What a wonderful way to reconnect to some new faces and some old ones as well. Sometimes you just never know who you will meet.

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

Class reunions are so much fun! I went to my 50th last year, we had a great time!

Katherine

P.S. - I'm told that last email I sent you was untrue according to Snopes. Time will tell. It sounds like something they would do!

Jillian's Bella Rosa Antiques said...

This is definitely interesting! I celebrated my twentieth three years ago and it was an experience, for sure! People looked so different...especially the men. Glad you two could go and share wonderful memories.