SPELLING

Thursday, October 22, 2009



(I love Phillip Done's book, Close Encounters of the Third-Grade Kind. The following post is from that book.)

Melanie often leaves letters out of her words. Once she wrote me a card that said, "Mr Done, you are god." I didn't know if she meant I was a good teacher, or she really had a high opinion of me. Another day I stopped at her desk and glanced over her shoulder while she was writing. "Uh..." I pointed to one of the words. "What's this word?"

"Shirt."

"That's what I thought you meant. You left out the r, honey."

7 comments:

Ruthie said...

very funny. That could be a problem if not proof read. LOL.

Mary said...

LOL! My granddaughter did that, only she was trying to write mustard...she was supposed to write it out in syllables, so she wrote "mus"..."turd"...kinda on the same lines, huh? Kids...so funny!

God bless,
Mary

Heart2Heart said...

Clif,

What a happy moment that is, and thankfully as parents we should be looking over all our children's homework for those little spelling errors.

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

bp said...

Cute story!

Loren said...

oh this is tooo funny :)

Bet that is a sweet book to read....

Love and Blessings Clif!

Sue said...

Hi Cliff,
First on this post, so adorable!!Good thing he went by for both sakes.

Commenting on yesterday's post. I have seen this coming too for a very long time. I am so heart broken, I am always asking myself when will this nation wake up? It is like I see this train running full force with the bridge out, and I am standing out there and trying to stop it, but the conductor and the people on the train only look at me and laugh.

Thank you for taking a stand and for allowing me to voice my opinion.
Blessings,
Sue

Cheptoek said...

That made me laugh! Thanks.