FOOD AND FUN IN NEW ENGLAND

Friday, November 06, 2009

As far as I am concerned food and fun go together.

Our first meal in Boston was at our motel. They serve an evening meal Monday through Thursday. We arrived on Wednesday evening. We made it just in time for hamburgers, hot dogs, salads, fruit and cold beverages. We finished off the meal with coffee and hot chocolate chip cookies. I love hamburgers and hot dogs.

Our second meal was breakfast at the motel. Every morning they serve a wonderful breakfast. There are too many choices for me to name them all. I enjoyed eggs, sausage, biscuits, fruit, orange juice and coffee.


Our next meal was lunch at the Union Oyster House, America' oldest restaurant, established in 1826. It is a national historic landmark and a favorite eating place of the Kennedy family. It is now a favorite eating place for Clifton Ditmore although I may never have the pleasure of being there again.




We ate a lot of sea food while we were in New England. We loved the food at a little restaurant in the wonderful seaport village of Rockport, MA. It was scrumptious!



That's enough pictures of food. We  were eating and having fun through New Hampshire, up to Maine and all the way down to Cape Cod. We had our first canolis ever at Mike's famous pastry shop in the North End. There are Dunkin Donut Shops all over the Boston area. So of course we had one--or two. Hey, even diabetics are allowed to have fun on vacation, My doctor said so!

9 comments:

Cheptoek said...

You really had fun. Lovely pictures. So your full name is Clifton!

aspiritofsimplicity said...

If you get a chance to visit Concord, MA. go see the sleepy hollow cemetery. Thoureau, Emerson, the Alcotts (Little Women), Nathanial Hawthorne are buried there along with others. There is a also a beautiful civil war grave that one brother had made for his three brothers who all died in the war.
It is beautiful here in New England at this time of year.

Loren said...

Wow....Now I am HUNGRY LOL

Nothin like fresh sea food is there!! :)

So glad you all had such a wonderful time and had such amazing food! and the dr. gave you permission :) woo hoo that makes it EVEN better!

Have a blessed weeeknd

Debbie Petras said...

I absolutely LOVE fresh seafood. I grew up across from the clam boat docks on Long Island, NY. I miss that and the smell of salt water. What a fun trip you took. I'll have to check Charlotte's blog too.

Ms.Daisy said...

Clif,
What a great view from the restaurant in that last photo! I'm so glad you all had such a good time in New England...I remember my summer visit there in the 70's.


Jean

Cherdecor said...

I am glad that you got a good meal while you were visiting New England. I was afraid that you would not get one, but when I clicked on the picture, I saw that your plate needed sideboards!LOL! I knew then that you were being well fed. Glad you had a wonderful trip.

Mevely317 said...

I've so enjoyed "seeing" New England through your descriptives! My father originally hailed from Easthampton, and I've often thought I'd enjoy visiting some day. Now, I'm certain!

Myra

Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage said...

Wayne must take after you, he feels that same way, food and fun go together:)
The food souds wonderful, and it sounds like you had fun eating way through New Hampshire.
Ginger

SmilingSally said...

My doctors agrees, Clif! I love all the foods you mentioned except sausage. I especially love sea food, and the VIEW at that final photo is gorgeous!